Improve Your Selfies, Book A Spray Tan
Conveniently, Sugar Me clients can now add an organic spray tan to to their appointment. Adding a spray tan to your Brazilian Wax appointment is both fast and convenient. With our membership discounts, spray tanning is an affordable add-on that will keep you glowing all year long. Your spray tan should last 5-10 days. Everyone’s skin exfoliates differently. You may not be able to buy happiness, but you can afford a spray tan, and that’s basically the same thing.
Before Your Appointment
If your skin is currently sun damaged, please wait until your skin has healed and is not peeling. Spray Tanning over peeling skin will result in uneven color. Although Spray Tanning is safe and FDA approved, we require that woman that are pregnant or nursing consult with their doctor and receive a doctor’s consent form prior to scheduling an appointment.
- All facials, waxing, manicures, pedicures, etc need to be performed prior to your spray tan.
- Before your appointment shower and exfoliate your entire body using an oil free/non-moisturizing cleanser or body scrub. We advise you to pay particular attention to your elbows, knees, underarms, belly button, and feet. Using a washcloth, loofah or cleansing puff will help ensure thorough exfoliation.
- Arrive for your appointment with dry, clean skin. No lotions, sunscreen, deodorant, makeup, oils, or perfumes on the skin. This is very important for flawless results.
- Bring a dark swimsuit, underwear, or thong if you wish to wear something during your spray tan. The solution will wash out of all clothing. If you prefer to not have any visible tan lines, you may opt to wear nothing at all during the session.
- After your appointment, we think it’s a great idea to wear dark, loose clothing. Our high quality, organic spray tan products dry quickly and are water-based, so if any product transfers to clothing or bed sheets, it can be easily washed out in a normal cycle.
After Your appointment
- Avoid exposure to water for at least 8-12 hours up to 24 hours.
- If you have a late appointment and are planning to go to sleep after being sprayed wear a dark, loose, long sleeved shirt and pants to avoid dreaded streaks as you sleep. Use caution when sleeping and avoid sleeping with your hands touching your face.
- As you approach the 8-12 hour mark you may smell a hint of the DHA. It will go away when you do a warm water rinse. Do not use soap.
- As the spray tan develops it may get a bit darker. You will look different before and after you shower.
- As you take your 1st shower (RINSE ONLY), using no soap. You will notice color being washed away, it’s just the temporary cosmetic bronzer. You may use soap in more sensitive areas
- Gently wash your skin for the continuation of your tan. We recommend no DOVE products and never bar soaps. This will try your skin out and the spray tan will fade much quicker.
- Avoid long hot showers, baths, saunas, hot tubs, the ocean, or chlorine, as it will cause the tan to fade quicker.
- Moisturizing is the key to get the maximum results of your spray tan. Use a non-alcohol based lotion at least twice a day. This will help your tan last longer and fade evenly.
- Your spray tan should last 5-10 days. Everyone’s skin exfoliates differently, your results may vary.
- Taking care of your tan and following our post treatment recommendations will help you extend the life of your tan and ensure flawless results